Tuesday, April 24, 2012

scarves as art

silk scarves
whether hermes or target brand
are very beautiful
for me, it seems pointless 
to bunch them up around your neck
especially since 
you can admire them on your wall

i realize this isn't a novel idea
but
it's something i've wanted to do for years


i'm so excited to start this project!

as a reminder
this is what i'm looking to frame
via
the colors are so vibrant and beautiful
and i believe it will look fantastic in my home

here are some inspiration photos
simple black frame - via pinterest
matching wooden frame (ivanka trump's home) - via pinterest

golden frame - via pinterest
hang them in bunches. kinda pricey! - via pinterest

above the mantel - via pinterest
here is another option
a simple floating acrylic frame
a little less
stuffy
a little more
modern?
(not a scarf, but you get the idea)

diy acrylic frame - via my little happy place
what do you think?
happy tuesday! -e

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I see you doing the floating frame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto Jenny....can't wait to see what you come up with. Whatever you do...I'm sure it will look classy- you have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.
    Silk Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete