Wednesday, July 28, 2010

our backyard

with the house on the market and hopefully selling soon...fingers crossed....i'm starting to get a little sentimental about this place. lately my obsession has been with our backyard.

for years is was essentially unusable. very hilly with lots of trees making lots of shade... so we had the hardest time growing grass. frankly, it was icky. but now.... after a lot of hard work, it's beautiful and it will be missed.


our deck with my herb pots, fire pit and pathway to the playset

another view from the deck with our patio furniture

a view of our hammock and super crazy trees

the flat grassy area where the kids run through the sprinklers or we play lawn games

from the outside looking in


the playset that took my husband 3 full days to put together

more crazy trees

another deck shot... fire pit, herb pot, grill

it's clearly not the greatest backyard in the history of backyards, but it has served us well and we love it. trust me it's a far cry from where we started!




7 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty space and I'm sure it is filled with lots of great memories. I can see why you will miss it.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Those trees are really unique. You've done a wonderful job and I can only imagine it is filled with memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    I LOVE your backyard. What's not to love-shade, grass, swingset.
    All things kids need. All in short supply here in AZ.
    I'll be back, and good luck with the house sale. Nothing's more stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great backyard! I have a wee bit of backyard envy. =) We just started using ours this year because a yuck neighbor dog is finally gone. I have lots of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous backyard...I don't blame you for feeling sentimental about leaving it :)
    First time stopping by..I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it does look quite gorgeous. Wish we had trees in our backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beauiful back yard! Wish we had all those mature trees.

    ReplyDelete