Saturday, January 12, 2013

WW UPDATE

i have to keep up with the ww updates.
if i don't, i fear i'll drop off the wagon.
plus my mom reads my blog.
"hi mom!"

so. back at the beginning of december,
i looked at our family calendar and was a little scared.
we had....
a girl scout christmas party
a deegan cousin christmas party
dan's work christmas party
a christmas dinner/celebration with dan's family
christmas eve
christmas day
new year's eve with friends
new year's day with football appetizers
AND
a week vacation in carmel, california
(which included, pesto pasta, strip steak, beef stew, crab, carmel egg salad, 
beef tenderloin, potatoes, quiche, and on and on.... oh so yummy)

all food-centric activities... no?
on that day, i made a deal with myself....
i wanted to get through the holiday season without GAINING weight.
if i came out of it, 15 pounds down from my start weight,
i would be proud of myself.


i was sensible when i could be, but moderately indulged
during special events and our vacation.
if i didn't indulge a bit,
this wouldn't be a life change for me... only a crash diet.

i also,  gave myself one week after the holidays
to eat really well and attain my goal.
I weighed myself on tuesday and I DID IT!

Still 15 lbs down (exactly)

WHEW!

so, now i'm back at it with a new energy.
thanks to everyone who's sent me words of encouragement.
i love hearing your stories... they give me that extra push!

here is a new and super yummy ww recipe.

classic sauce of butter, lemon & fresh parsley goes perfect with any fish.
this recipe is perfect for a quick healthy dinner on a busy weeknight, 
this is simple and delicious.

Baked Garlic Lemon Tilapia 
(from skinnytaste.com/gina's recipes)
servings: 6 servings • points+: 5 pts

Ingredients: 
6 (6 oz ea.) tilapia filets
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs butter
2 tbs fresh lemon juice
4 tsp fresh parsley
salt and pepper
cooking spray

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 400°

Melt butter on a low flame in a small sauce pan. 
Add garlic and saute on low for about 1 minute. 
Add the lemon juice and shut off flame.

Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray. 
Place the fish on top and season with salt and pepper. 
Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with fresh parsley.
 Bake at 400° until cooked, about 15 minutes.

hope you're all having a great weekend!
-erin

No comments:

Post a Comment