the front door is painted
and i'm thrilled with the finished product.
as far as diy home improvement projects go,
this one was quick and easy!
let me remind you of what my house looked like before
|while i have you, i thought i'd share our family plaque.... i love it :)|
here are the tools i used...
1. Exterior Behr Ultra Premium Semi Gloss
2. Color: Behr Red Red Wine
3. ScotchBlue Painters Tape
4. Wooster Journeyman Master 2 in. Angle Sash Brush
5. Wooster Pro 3-Piece Mini Roller Tray Set
How to paint your front door
(the easy way)
1. This is tutorial is for doors that are already painted
(not naked or stained doors)
2) do not take door off hinges
3) wash the door (give it a good scrub)
and let it completely dry (i used pine-sol and warm water)
4) if you only want to paint one side of the door,
use blue tape to tape the areas you don't want painted
5) use a 2" angled brush to paint the angled parts around the door panels and
cut in around the door hardware. paint a thin coat to avoid drips.
6) use a small roller to paint the flat surfaces, a thin coat to avoid drips
7) VERY IMPORTANT: let the door dry overnight
8) day 2, lightly clean the door and let it dry
9) repeat steps 5 through 7
my door only took two coats, but you may need more
depending on the thickness of your coats and the color you use.
the result was beautiful and it was such an easy process!
xoxo - e